Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Phrases and/or Direct Quotes from the Woman in the Cubicle Behind Me During the 7.5 Hours a Day She Spends Speaking to Her Co-Workers

1) "I know how to make pickles, but I don't [make them]...it's a long process."
2) "What's hummus?"
3) "...they had this, like, smorgasbord of meat, and i'm like, ummmm.....and everything else was all these weird side dishes that I was not going to eat, so I just grabbed a few sliced of bread. and they said, 'Are you hungry?' and I said, yes, very, but i am a practicing catholic, and it's Christmas Eve, and Catholics do not eat meat on Christmas Eve!"
4) "Linen overlay"
5) "This is worth about fifteen dollars in pickles."
6) "You know how much we could have eaten for a hundred dollars!? I don't like this place--never did--where are the brownies?"
7) "Casual Corner--twenty percent off!"
8) "Well, I couldn't keep anything down, and then on Sunday I tried just a plain bagel, toasted, no butter or anything, and I still couldn't keep it down...so then I get a call and he's been stung by a wasp in his mouth, and I said, oh God, please don't intubate him!!"
9) "...so she calls everyone in our group a racist, and I said, 'EXCUSE ME, but this is the most racially diverse group I have ever been a part of!'"
10) "He said he had fatter ones, but they wouldn't fit in his box."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home